It can take several minutes to set-up an email. Depending on how the email is being set up and what steps you’re following, it could take hours. If you are having trouble setting up SBCGlobal email under Mac OS Lion and it is still not working, please continue reading this post.
Mac OS Lion is an impressive operating system currently used on many Apple MacBooks. It was released a few years ago and has enjoyed tremendous popularity among users. Mac OS Lion’s fast response time and outstanding performance make it a pleasant experience to use. You will find all the features you require for uninterrupted and smooth computing with this operating system. New features have been added to the default email app, which will give users a better experience with email. Some users have encountered issues when setting up their SBCGlobal emails on the new Mac OS Lion. You can also follow the steps below to solve the problem if you are experiencing the same issue.
Steps to fix ‘SBCGlobal email not working on Mac OS Lion’ problem:
- This involves deleting the existing email account from your email app.
- Now, you will have to go to the ‘Settings’ of the Apple email app.
- In the ‘Settings’ menu, you will come across a number of options, but make sure to choose ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ followed by choosing ‘Accounts’ option.
- From the list of account types that you see on the screen, select the ‘Add account’ option.
- Click the ‘Other’ option, which is going to open a new account form. Then, you need to select ‘Add email account’ option.
- In the ‘Email’ field, you will need to enter your ‘SBCGlobal email’ and its password in the ‘Password’ field.
- You will also find the ‘Description’ column where you can write a short description of the email, which is an optional thing. Once you are done writing the description, tap ‘Next’.
- Now, you need to select the ‘POP’ option at the top of the page.
- Enter the values in the fields you see on the screen such as hostname, where you will have to enter ‘inbound.att.net’, in the username field, enter your ‘SBCGlobal email address and in the password field, the password of your SBCGlobal email.
- Click ‘Next’ and you will be directed to outgoing email server form.
- Enter values in ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ fields provided in the ‘outgoing email server’ form. You need to enter the ‘SBCGlobal email address’ in ‘Username’ field and your SBCGlobal email password in ‘Password’ field. There will be a domain field, where you will have to enter ‘outbound.att.net’.
- Click ‘Save’ to save all the settings.
In case, the problem of ‘SBCGlobal email not working on Mac OS Lion’ doesn’t solve after following the steps, you can contact at SBCGlobal customer service.
sbcglobal email support | sbcglobal net email settings | at&t net email login | sbcglobal